Monday, March 21, 2011

A Slap in the Face

Hello no bullshit just straight to it. I had an eye test on Friday last week (one of the requirements for the police) and they ask for not only your corrected vision test but also your uncorrected vision ie: no glasses or contacts. With my contacts in perfect vision 6/6 which is the same as 20/20 vision. It is my uncorrected vision which is the interesting part for entrance into the police you need to have an uncorreected visual acuity of 6/19 in the bad eye, which is equivelent to 1/3 of normal vision in the bad eye....here is the good part. My good eye's visual acuity is 6/24 which is the the same as having 1/4 of normal vision, my bad eye is 6/30. If you do the math that is 1/5 normal vision.

What does this mean? Buggered if I know if you use logic it means that there will be no chance of getting into the police. Unless we spend $10,000 getting corrective laser surgery with no assurances that I will get in anyway. The police do say that they take each application and judge it on a case by case basis so my only hope is that I do everything else at 100% and they decide to give me a chance. I have come too far for this to shoot me down. I have lost the 'most' of the excess weight I have been carrying around plus courses and getting fit all for the one goal and that is to get into the police.

No more half ass bullshit from me anymore so far everything physical I have done in the last 6 months I have been pushing myself but not to the extreme, for the simple fact that if I came out of somthing with an injury or the like that put me out of the testing for the police I would crack it big time.....well guess what I have cracked it  anyway. That means that the few rugby tournaments I have played in over the last few months, the gym and anything else physical I have definantly not gone up to that final gear.. well ch chink! (noise of changing gears) full throttle from now on with no backward step. Through my life thing generally happen which make the decisions for me not any more what ever happens from now on it is because I want it to happen not because other outside events or things have changed.......This is my life............


We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.
- Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment